Allied Aviation Academy

Allied Aviation Academy- Nextron Aviation  

Recreational Pilot License

Just want to fly?

Begin your flying journey

This course will give you what you need to fly an aeroplane for pleasure. A Recreational Pilot Licence (RPL) will allow you to operate an aeroplane to and from the same aerodrome and allow you to fly within the training area of that aerodrome.

How we do it

The flying will take a minimum of 25 hours to achieve an RPL. This can simply be booked ad-hoc at your own pace and as per your availability. We recommend booking at least fortnightly so you can maintain your skills and progress efficiently. All training is done on CASA registered aircraft. At the end of your training you will have:

  • Recreational Pilot Licence

  • RPL Radio Endorsement

  • RPL Controlled Aerodrome Endorsement (Bankstown and Moorabbin base only)

What do I need to start?

  • You will need to be at least 16 years of age prior to the RPL Flight test

  • You will need to be able to meet a medical standard of at least a CASA Issued Class 2 Medical certificate.

  • You will need to pass a police check so you can obtain your Aviation Security Identification Card

  • You will need to be able to pass a General English Language Proficiency test.

Competency Based Training

Our Recreational Pilot Licence course is compliant with the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) Part 61 Manual of Standards. All training is competency based, meaning that high performance gets rewarded with faster progression.

RPL Endorsements

Is flying around the local training area not enough? We can provide training for extra endorsements to your RPL, giving you the opportunity to fly cross country and in controlled airspace.

  • RPL Controlled Aerodrome Endorsement

  • RPL Controlled Airspace Endorsement

  • RPL Navigation Endorsement

For Further Information…